Smoke On the Window Sill

Monday, November 01, 2004

Monday morning blues!


Ottawa Beach, MI Posted by Hello

Shimmering blue,
is the subtle hue
of the sky above
and the sea below

Is the color of my dreams,
The ones I cannot reach.
Is fidelity,
which I can’t promise to keep!

is the discoloration
of forget-me-nots,
is the colour of sapphire,
adorning my neck

Is the somber Monet,
in water lilies.
Is the flagrant blue
in Kandinsky!

Is the gleaming onyx,
re-discovered in the caves.
Is the lightning,
which will strike me one day

is the sparkle in my eye,
when I look back at time
is the quiver in my heart
and the cry in the night

Is the colour of the devil,
the one inside me.
is the smudge of the ink,
staring from my graffiti!


3 Comments:

Blogger DilettanteMoi said...

Hey Enigma,
SSM beat me to it.. I loved the references of blue to Monet and Kandisky!! After reading this.. the blues dont get to me anymore :) dont know why blues refer to feeling down/low/sad!!
-funnycide

5:37 AM, November 02, 2004  
Blogger El enigma said...

thanx guys :) Monet and Kandinsky were just inspired by two of their paintings that I have...and absolutely adore :)

enig!

10:31 AM, November 02, 2004  
Blogger asuph said...

hey enig!

beautiful piece..

Is the color of my dreams,
The ones I cannot reach.
Is fidelity,
which I can’t promise to keep!
loved those lines...
beautifully woven...

-asuph.

11:48 PM, November 02, 2004  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home